The Crane Experience
The Crane, renowned for its unique cliff top setting on one of the most beautiful pieces of beachfront in the world, holds the distinction of being the oldest operating hotel in the Caribbean. Now transformed from a very small property on the southeast coast of Barbados to a premier luxury resort, The Crane nevertheless maintains its distinctive historic and intimate feel.
Guests that have discovered the special character that is The Crane enjoy a unique vacation that is a true retreat from everyday life. The essence of ‘The Crane Experience’ is a combination of spectacular natural beauty, a casually elegant atmosphere and warm, friendly service that harks back to The Crane’s earliest history of hospitality.
Taking advantage of the natural landscape, the new development at The Crane features sweeping views of the ocean. Buildings are placed to capture the Easterly trade winds that constantly cool the area. The new Crane suites also feature key elements taken from the original resort, including coral stone walls, hardwood floors, 11 ft. high timber tray ceilings, natural timber doors and windows, and local hand-carved mahogany furniture, including traditionally high, king size four-poster beds.
The rooms and suites of the historic resort — the inspiration for the new development — are each unique in design and location, all with authentic antique furnishings. Many feature original coral stone walls, spectacular views, and elegant canopy beds. Once part of a private mansion built in 1790, this part of the resort was first expanded and established as a hotel in 1887.
While The Crane remains steeped in Barbadian history, the property also offers the 21st century conveniences and amenities found in the only the very finest of the world’s resort hotels. Ground floor suites feature ‘infinity edge’ private pools, while all two-bedroom residences on the upper floors feature individual plunge pools. Crane suites also feature oversized whirlpool baths, spa showers with
multiple shower heads, DVD players and in-room Internet access.
From arrival through to check-out, when many of The Crane’s guests that return again and again are reluctant to say goodbye, this special, secluded spot provides an unforgettable experience.
Limegrove, located in Holetown, is the best place to shop in Barbados. This signature location is a treasure trove of duty-free jewelry, apparel and accessories. It features more than 100 of the world’s best fashion brands. Stores at Limegrove include Burberry, Cartier, HUGO BOSS, Longchamp, Louis Vuitton, M•A•C, Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren. Some of the best restaurants in Barbados are also located here, along with bars and cafés.
Dubbed by London’s “Daily Telgraph” as “the most stylish place to shop and dine” in Barbados, Limegrove is conveniently located near hotels on the island’s West Coast. It is a premium experience in fashion, food, film, art, music and culture and unquestionably one of the top places to visit in Barbados.
For More Information:
Phone: 620-LIME (5463)
Don’t predict the future, enable it. Columbus is a privately held, Barbados-based international business corporation. Through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Columbus holds investments in retail triple play broadband providers in Trinidad, Jamaica, Barbados, Grenada, Curacao, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Antigua and corporate data solutions, capacity & IP services and data center hosting throughout 42 countries in the greater Caribbean, Central American and Andean region. Through its fully protected, ringed submarine fiber optic network spanning more than 42,300 km and its 38,000 km terrestrial fibre and coaxial network, Columbus provides advanced telecom services to a diverse residential and corporate client base of well over 650,000 customers.
Watch. Talk. Click. We offer the best solutions to both customers and businesses with our bundled data packages.
We can handle large-scale data solutions for companies looking to increase their bandwidth or storage capacities. With over 28,000 kilometers of cable deployed throughout the Caribbean and the Americas, we have the connections needed to support any data needs.
Columbus Business Solutions
Columbus Business Solutions: One Provider, All the Solutions
Columbus Business Solutions was launched in the Caribbean in 2011 as a one stop shop for all business communications needs. Columbus Business Solutions leverages our world class team of IT solutions experts with and the most technologically advanced network in the region to provide a comprehensive range of Business Class ICT solutions for SME, Enterprise and Government clients across the Caribbean and Latin America.
To date, Columbus has invested over US$1 Billion in our Fibre Optic network that reaches directly into 27 countries across the region delivering the most scalable, high capacity, resilient connectivity available anywhere. Our services include a wide range of multimedia, Business Class IP, Voice, Data, Video and TDM solutions, all supported by our dedicated Customer Care and Account Management teams. Our expertise and reach has allowed businesses to significantly reduce costs, increase productivity and improve overall communications, while providing peace of mind that comes with working with the region’s foremost telecommunications provider.
From the smallest business to the largest multinational enterprises, all organizations benefit from the most cutting edge technology and real time customer service in the region, supporting products ranging from digital TV, Internet and Voice services to large scale ICT connectivity projects spread across multiple locations and territories.
Columbus Cloud & Solutions:
- IP Connectivity – connect your business to anywhere in the country or across the world with our Metro Ethernet and MPLS solutions
- Internet – we offer the most reliable, cost efficient and highest capacity Broadband Internet solutions available anywhere
- Voice – with free on net calls in country and the lowest rates, business can significantly reduce their voice costs by switching to Columbus
- Video – we are the leading provider of the highest quality TV and Digital Signage services in the region
- Cloud IT solutions – on and off Island solutions for protecting critical business data — from simple data storage, co-location, to full data replication, Disaster Recovery (DR) and hosted applications;
- Cloud Voice solutions – enabling Businesses to replace aging PBX solutions with advanced Cloud telephony services at a fraction of the cost.
- Video surveillance providing increased flexible security and surveillance for homes and businesses via digitized, networked version of closed-circuit television (CCTV)
- Video Conferencing Solutions – allowing businesses to maintain their global reach enabling real time collaboration and decision making whilst reducing travel time and expense.
Clarke Gittens Farmer is a commercial law firm, providing legal services for both local and international corporate and private clients. The firm has a reputation for high quality work in banking, corporate, commercial, business, securities, property and construction law. Corporate and commercial services include advising local and international clients in banking and financial transactions, securities law and on insolvency issues. The firm is the Barbados member of Lex Mundi, the world’s leading network of independent law firms with in-depth experience in 100+ countries worldwide.
Miller Publishing Company was incorporated in 1983.In addition to the Ins and Outs of Barbados, Miller Publishing today publishes 6 other tourism and business guides, covering Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago and St. Vincent & The Grenadines, as well as an exciting range of high quality coffee-table books, all of which feature superb photography.
- Keith and Sally Miller, of Miller Publishing Company, have been jointly awarded:
- The Barbados Hotel & Tourism Association Lifetime Achievement Award
- The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, Barbados and Eastern Caribbean, for Services in Tourism
- The Barbados Minister of Tourisms Special Award, for Contribution to the Development of Tourism in Barbados
- The Barbados Hotel & Tourism Association Award for Best Contributing Member
Our original aim was to publish an informative guide to Barbados that represented the island with a great sense of pride, a deep seated appreciation of its ample qualities, due respect for all of its people and an unswerving commitment to its future well being. Today, after the 26th consecutive annual edition of the Ins and Outs of Barbados, those basic ideals still remain unchanged.
- Ins & Outs of Barbados
- Barbados in a Nutshell
- Business Barbados
- Visit Barbados
- Ins & Outs of St.Vincent & the Grenadines
- Ins & Outs of Trinidad & Tobago
- Bajan Cooking In A Nutshell- By Sally Miller
- Contemporary Caribbean Cooking-By Sally Miller
- The Cliff – Recipes By Paul Owens
- Architecture And Design In Barbados
- The Restaurants In Barbados
- Barbados Dive Guide – By Lucy Agace
- Barbados In Bloom – Tropical Gardens & Plants
- Caribbean Cookbook: A Lifetime Of Recipes- By Rita Springer
- A Concise & Illustrated Military History Of Barbados 1627-2007- By Major Michael Hartland
- Historic Houses Of Barbados- By Henry Fraser & Ronnie Hughes
- Barbados A Coral Paradise
- The Great Guns Of Barbados