Who we are at KPMG
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We have over 123,000 outstanding professionals working together to deliver value in 145 countries across the world. Our purpose is to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, our people and the capital markets.
KPMG in Barbados is a member firm of KPMG Caricom a regional governance entity, comprising the KPMG member firms in Barbados, the Eastern Caribbean (with offices in Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and providing services in Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat and St. Kitts and Nevis), Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago. We offer our clients the ability to leverage the combined skills, knowledge and experience of 28 partners and over 300 professionals, in delivering value to our clients and people across the Caribbean.
As a matter of course, we also have strong day-to-day, first line professional contacts with other KPMG member firms in the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, the Dutch Caribbean, Isle of Man, Malta and the Turks and Caicos Islands, ; all of which have similar cultures and operating environments.
Our values and culture – what we stand for
KPMG member firms help businesses respond to changes in the global economy and we are also committed to providing an environment where our people can flourish and contribute to a sustainable world. Not only do our values help us to work together in the most effective and fulfilling way, they also define what we stand for, how we do things and how we work with our clients. These values are:
- We lead by example
- We work together
- We respect the individual
- We seek the facts and provide insight
- We are open and honest in our communication
- We are committed to our communities
- Above all, we act with integrity
What we do
Our practice is organised around our Audit, Tax and Advisory practices through which we deliver a globally consistent set of multidisciplinary financial and accounting skills and capabilities based on deep industry knowledge. We help Barbadian, regional and international organizations to meet their challenges and respond to the constant pressure to deliver ever better results while contending with a wide range of risks that can threaten survival. Our people operate within industry groups, giving our clients access to advisors who understand their specific business issues and concerns and whose advice is grounded in our understanding and appreciation of the particular needs of each client.
We assist our clients in Barbados, and around the world, in taking advantage of new business opportunities, improving performance, managing risk and enhancing value for both shareholders and stakeholders alike. Our approach to client service is both consultative and responsive and we utilise technology to assist data extraction and management.
Public trust in the capital markets is largely grounded in its confidence in the independent audit of company finances. We uphold the highest standards of audit integrity and support our Audit teams with substantial resources and appropriate technology. Our multidisciplinary approach means audit engagement teams include experienced professionals in such areas as forensics, tax, information risk management and valuation, providing the teams with a broad understanding of an organization, and enabling them to focus on key areas of risk, adequacy of internal controls, and potential fraud. Key services in this area include:
- Financial Statement Audit
- Statutory Audit
- SOX 404 Compliance
- Attestation Services
Our tax services are designed to reflect client needs, and we can help with the tax implications of, for example, cross border acquisitions or a global transfer pricing strategy. We work with clients to achieve effective tax compliance, manage tax risks and control their associated costs. Attitudes to tax are changing with tax decisions under scrutiny as never before. Organizations of all sizes are ever more exposed to changing trends in tax regulation, not just locally but globally. Our understanding of tax governance, specialist skills and deep industry knowledge help you to be competitive and compliant. At the heart of this offering are our people, who think beyond the present and beyond borders to deliver long lasting value. Our service offerings include:
- Corporate Tax (Domestic and International)
- Indirect Tax
- Personal Tax
Our Advisory professionals help a range of organizations mitigate risk, improve performance and create value. We provide risk and financial advisory services that help clients tackle immediate issues and plan for the long term. Our Advisory professionals work with you to tackle challenges in growth, governance and performance, combining specialist skills to provide objective advice and execution to help preserve and improve value. The professionals in our Advisory practice take an objective, long-term global view while bringing local knowledge to local issues. We therefore use an integrated approach to client service, fielding teams of experienced professionals with a breadth of specific advisory, technical and industry sector skills. Our service areas include:
- Accounting Advisory
- Business Performance Services
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Risk Management
- Internal Audit Services
- IT Advisory
- Transaction Services
KPMG continues to invest heavily in developing the knowledge and insights that help clients address critical business issues. All publications are available free of charge in soft copy. They include:
- Agenda – a new magazine from KPMG’s Advisory Services offering insights into issues on every CFO’s agenda and reflecting the complexity of today’s business challenges with a broad, yet detailed remit.
- KPMG Insiders – delivering focused, easy to access, industry specific news information and analysis directly to registered individuals by email. Industry areas include Banking, Insurance, Consumer Markets, Health Care, Pharmaceuticals and Technology. Signing up for KPMG Insiders is free logon at www.kpmginsiders.com.
- Frontiers in Finance – KPMG’s Financial Services flagship publication, bringing together the insights of our professionals around the world to provide informed perspectives on critical issues facing banking and insurance organisations.
- Regional Banking Survey – conducted annually since 2005, this is a regional survey with senior commercial lending decision makers providing important perspectives on banking investment trends in the Caribbean.
- Caribbean Information Security Survey – conducted every two years since 2000, this is a KPMG Barbados initiative, which provides a local and regional benchmark for the information security practices in Caribbean and Barbadian businesses as well as highlighting key areas of risk.
Businesses are increasingly held accountable for the effect they have on the environment and society. Commitment to our communities is at the heart of our KPMG values and we are rigorous in our adherence to good corporate citizenship. In particular KPMG Barbados believes educational focus and opportunities at all levels are critical. Examples of this commitment are our adoption of the Arthur Smith Primary school, annual Barbados Community College ICT work term internships, summer internships for university level accounting students and the annual KPMG UWI prize for the top Accounting Student.